Thread: which is better

Hybrid View

which is better

im trying to put on mass but im not sure if its better to do less heavy reps or more lighter reps. example:
    110 for 8-10 reps for 3 sets
    or
    110 for 8
    120 for 6
    130 for 4

Both will work.

The stimulation is key, and it's your diet (excess calories) that's key to added mass.

Mix it up, lift with one method, lower reps for a while and then switch to the other method for awhile so the body doesn't get used to your training.

personale i like heavy low reps but that just me.

Quote Originally Posted by CC10 View Post
    im trying to put on mass but im not sure if its better to do less heavy reps or more lighter reps. example:
    110 for 8-10 reps for 3 sets
    or
    110 for 8
    120 for 6
    130 for 4
    research has shown that all things being equal, the range of 8-12 reps is NORMALLY associated with more hypertrophy than other ranges, though this is something that has be found out for one's self

Quote Originally Posted by phate View Post
    research has shown that all things being equal, the range of 8-12 reps is NORMALLY associated with more hypertrophy than other ranges, though this is something that has be found out for one's self

I agree, its best to find out what works for you as an individual but many people, including some pro's subscribe to the "as heavy as you can go with as many reps as you can go" method.