Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruhl's Shred Thread

Ruhl will update some as soon as he annihilates his test today and gets his taxes done....

well i feel things have calmed down enough to start writing a bit in this again. Everything is going pretty well, just extremely busy. I did have a lil accident with the cheat meal on friday though. It was spaghetti and i made too much.....oh and some ice cream.....and so i ate the rest saturday night. Needless to say next time i have a cheat meal this is not happening. In the ice cream dept. i meant to just go in and buy one of the lil ben and jerry's tiny ones....but they were more expensive than the delicious edy's fun flavors half gallons!!! they always beat me with value.

so no cheat meal for another 2 weeks now, my punishment for doing that. As for the workouts, good, as always. My knee still hurts from time to time but it is alot better without a doubt. On leg day friday i was actually able to do some leg extensions.

a little less than 14 weeks out at the moment, and i'm pretty sure i'm well ahead of where i was last year on my attempted prep, which is good because last year i really didn't get close.

I really hope i do this and do well enough to catch someone's eye that controls some sponsorship money, just one of those little 300-500/ month supp deals would be wonderful for me and help so much. It's exceedingly difficult to do this and a major in Physics in college with research and all that coming online in the school department. But i wont give up, these are my loves and i can't stop either of them, just not an option. Where there's a will there's a way right?

i'll put up my workout from today later on.....surprised i haven't had any chastizing for my volume yet....ah well...i'm sure it will come.

I'd never grow with that much volume.

but if it works for you, bro.

you ever look into HIT?

i train intensely and all out every time i train.....and i like the way i do it.....i don't need HIT as they set it up.

debating adding day 6 and perhaps 7 of cardio now.....i'll be 13 weeks out saturday....but i've been at the current cardio schedule of 5 days a week for an hour since like the beginning of february.

dropping volu-gro to 1 scoop this next week and then perhaps all the way out on the 26th.....also...NO MORE SALSA....i eat too much, hot sauce only will have to do.

Also thinking i need to lower carbs on my carb up day perhaps as i'm pretty carb sensitive....

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhlfreak55 View Post
    dropping volu-gro to 1 scoop this next week and then perhaps all the way out on the 26th.....also...NO MORE SALSA....i eat too much, hot sauce only will have to do.

Also thinking i need to lower carbs on my carb up day perhaps as i'm pretty carb sensitive....
    good call on the salsa. gotta learn to eat your oats plain for while, too

how low are your carbs on your low days, and how high on your high days?

Quote Originally Posted by derek7m View Post
    good call on the salsa. gotta learn to eat your oats plain for while, too

how low are your carbs on your low days, and how high on your high days?
    low days....depends on if it's a workout day or not.....non workout....50.....workout....100 can't really be brought lower than that

med. days are about 175-210

high day is supposed to be 500...i didn't get there last week though

207.6 this morning