Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: First up and coming hopeful

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25

    First up and coming hopeful

    What is going on everybody! Been training for 5 years and getting ready for my first show in June 09. It will be the Battle at the River in Chatt, TN (national qualifier). Probably gonna stick with the novice class and work my way from there, might do the open if trainer (just got one about a week ago to watch me over this year) feels there's a possibility for a top two placing. Currently around 210, 5'11'' and age 24. My results come from a solid diet and my training program Here are a few of my good pics to go along.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Reed500; 08-09-2008 at 03:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed500 View Post
    What is going on everybody! Been training for 5 years and getting ready for my first show in June 09. It will be the Battle at the River in Chatt, TN (national qualifier). Probably gonna stick with the novice class and work my way from there, might do the open if trainer (just got one about a week ago to watch me over this year) feels there's a possibility for a top two placing. Currently around 210, 5'11'' and age 24. I was trying to get my first AAS cycle lined up but it seems to be dried up around here. I have done five prohormone cycles so I've had a little help, I usually take 6 months off to a year between cycles. Mostly my results come from a solid diet and my training program Here are a few of my good pics to go along.
    Hey bro, first off good luck to you next year. Have you ever been to that show? Are you a TN boy yourself?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25
    Thanks for the luck, I'll need it. No I haven't been to that show, heard there is alot of good competitors so thats why I might wanna stick to the novice first time out. But a couple of fellow bodybuilders that have been to the show think that if I got a few cycles together I could do real well in the open and potentially get my national card first time out. I don't know about that, thinking I'm getting smoke blown up my ass....

    And no I not from TN, I'm from Charlotte, NC but I've lived in Knoxville for quite some time.
    Last edited by Reed500; 07-18-2008 at 08:15 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed500 View Post
    Thanks for the luck, I'll need it. No I haven't been to that show, heard there is alot of good competitors so thats why I might wanna stick to the novice first time out. But a couple of fellow bodybuilders that have been to the show think that if I got a few cycles together I could do real well in the open and potentially get my national card first time out. I don't know about that, thinking I'm getting smoke blown up my ass....

    And no I not from TN, I'm from Charlotte, NC but I've lived in Knoxville for quite some time.
    The show has only been around 3 years. It's been hit or miss in the open class...this past one was a week line up IMO...none of the guys really had any legs...not knocking just saying what's what.

    A lot of the guys around here hold out form doing that show and do the state show in August...typically a much tougher line up. There are actually 3 shows very close together to the State show and many guys wait and do those so that hurts the Chatt show a little IMO.

    There is the State show mid Aug, a show in Knox the wk after and a show in Knox the a couple wks after the State and a show in Louisville about 4wks after the state show that is a pretty big show.

    Both the Chatt show and State show are done by the same promoter...Brian Hayworth out of Johnson City. If you have any questions you can contact him at [email]bryanhayworth@yahoo.com[/email]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold jr View Post
    The show has only been around 3 years. It's been hit or miss in the open class...this past one was a week line up IMO...none of the guys really had any legs...not knocking just saying what's what.

    A lot of the guys around here hold out form doing that show and do the state show in August...typically a much tougher line up. There are actually 3 shows very close together to the State show and many guys wait and do those so that hurts the Chatt show a little IMO.

    There is the State show mid Aug, a show in Knox the wk after and a show in Knox the a couple wks after the State and a show in Louisville about 4wks after the state show that is a pretty big show.

    Both the Chatt show and State show are done by the same promoter...Brian Hayworth out of Johnson City. If you have any questions you can contact him at [email]bryanhayworth@yahoo.com[/email]
    Thanks for the info. Yeah most of local competitions I see the competitors tend to lack in leg development. I for one am not going to let my legs go to the side. I know they need more size and shape. I am trying my best to get them to overpower my upper body.

    I gonna do that show and maybe the state show. Just to see how I fare. I've got the bulking part down, now I need to continue to bulk and then have someone assist me in contest preparation. I tend to stay lean year round but I definately, at this stage, don't want to give up my conditioning to purely just get bigger.(i.e. Trey Brewer). I believe I have the ability and the dedication now all I'm lacking is someone from the outside looking in and giving me the direction. Any help from anyone is appreciated!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13
    Good luck!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    174
    Looks like you have a good foundation... best of luck prepping for the first show.

    You will get out of it everything that you put into it and more.

  8. #8
    Good luck man!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed500 View Post
    What is going on everybody! Been training for 5 years and getting ready for my first show in June 09. It will be the Battle at the River in Chatt, TN (national qualifier). Probably gonna stick with the novice class and work my way from there, might do the open if trainer (just got one about a week ago to watch me over this year) feels there's a possibility for a top two placing. Currently around 210, 5'11'' and age 24. My results come from a solid diet and my training program Here are a few of my good pics to go along.
    upper body looks great. quads have good detail. you need to start training hamstrings however!

    good luck and train hard.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    217
    how's the training for the june 9th comp. going bro? its almost cutting time which is hell but im sure you know all about that. post some pic's when you start then again halfway thru so we can see the progress. good luck bro.
    [url]www.steroid.com[/url]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •