Thread: Suggestions for young Females

Suggestions for young Females

Help.... I have a group of young girls (16 to 20) wanting to get in better than average shape but not sure they want to commit to the bodybuilding or fitness lifestyle at this stage in life... any suggestions would be great... .ie workouts... diets... advice

thanks ~bmf2

Quote Originally Posted by bmf2 View Post
    Help.... I have a group of young girls (16 to 20) wanting to get in better than average shape but not sure they want to commit to the bodybuilding or fitness lifestyle at this stage in life... any suggestions would be great... .ie workouts... diets... advice

thanks ~bmf2
    I don't have specific programs, but maybe you could try more plyometric programs or pilates if they don't want to do much weight training

Quote Originally Posted by bmf2 View Post

thanks ~bmf2
    If they're wanting to get into "better than average shape" they're going to have to commit to something on some level...this just goes without saying.

As for their workouts when they're first starting out, keep the intensity high, full body workouts 3 days per wk usually works great in the beginning.

Each workout have them complete at least 1 push and 1 pull exercise, as well as one leg and 1 exercise for bi's and tri's. On each of these workouts, you do one exercise from these groups but on one day you will put more emphasis say on legs, the next time more on back and chest and the 3rd day more on shoulders and arms.

With each training session implement fast paced training full of things like squat jumps, box jumps, card squats, superset lifts with ab work, etc. Keep the pace fast with very little rest.

Implement basic things like pushups and planks/bridge but add twist to them. For example, with pushups have them lower their bodies with a slow 4 count, hold for 1-2 seconds and explode up. For planks, have them hold for a 4 count at the top, then lower their bodies to the floor and explode up. With both these exercises, make sure you emphasize keeping the butt and abs tight throughout. Emphasize this on all lifts/exercises.

Diet, check out the probodybuilding.com beginners diet for females, the beginners training routine should also help you out.