Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: number of shakes per day

number of shakes per day

just wanted to get an idea of how many protein shakes most of you drank per day. i usually will have 3 a day. 1 when i wake up, 1 pwo and 1 right before bed even though it has me up at least once during the night pissing. so how many shakes do you have per day and when do you usually take them?

Shakes do almost nothing for me to satisfy hunger, so I use them to add calories or sometimes for an extra snack. I may have one PWO shake to get something in me quickly after training, but that's about it.

When I am dieting, I prefer to get my calories from real food, it's much more filling and satisfying, especially when total calories are low. I would rather eat an enormous bowl of salad with 4-6 oz. protein than drink a shake. So I try to minimize the number of shakes I have, and really just have a shake from time to time if I am dying for something sweet and need to get my chocolate fix.

Agreed food is where it's at. I used to do tons of shakes. I sat down with a contest prep coach and he had me cut shakes out to only before I train and right after with the rest being food. I gained 10lbs! Food is the answer for sure.

I don't think there is a replacement for quality food, but if schedule and circumstances suit shakes are a great way of maintaining adequate calories.
    Monitor~

i drink 2 sci-fit whey isolate shakes a day. like rip. said, they do not make me any fuller but there are times thru the day when i cant get my adequate protein intake for varies reasons and thats when i drink them.(plus pwo)
    [url]www.steroid.com[/url]

I cover almost 50% of my daily protein intake from protein powders and the rest is whole food. But after training I always use whey protein and amino acids.

When I training for a contest I try to limit my protein powder using to minimum and eat as much quality meat as I can.
    [url]www.stevenamat.com[/url]
    [URL="http://www.probodybuilding.com/community/Steve_Namat"]www.probodybuilding.com/community/Steve_Namat[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.myspace.com/stevenamat"]www.myspace.com/stevenamat[/URL]

I try to limit the shakes to PWO and get the rest from whole foods. When my schedule doesnt' allow i will use another shake during the day

I mix 2 scoops with my oats and egg whites in the morning and then 2 more scoops PWO.

I haven't had a whey shake since the beginning of February. And I've noticed the positive effect in the mirror. But that's just me. I know I used to like the fast absorbing proteins in the morning before breakfast and PWO.

i limit shakes to first thing in the morning before empty stomach cardio and PWO