Thread: protein post workout

protein post workout

is it ok if i wait about an hour after lifting to take my protein? my gym is about half an hour from my house so by the time i get home and get everything ready its about 45min to an hour later.

Why not have your protein powder in a shaker bottle...once you finish your workout add some water and drink...by the time you get home you can have a meal.

If you want tom make your post workout shake...at least have with you some Liquid Aminos...to help with recover and give you time to get home?

Quote Originally Posted by massnutrition View Post
    Why not have your protein powder in a shaker bottle...once you finish your workout add some water and drink...by the time you get home you can have a meal.

If you want tom make your post workout shake...at least have with you some Liquid Aminos...to help with recover and give you time to get home?
    Exactly, I drink my water out of my shaker cup while I'm in the gym. I have my protein in a baggy in my car that way when I get out of the gym I have an instant PWO shake. You dont need any special blend just get a shake in ya so your body has something to feed on rather than itself.

as stated, have your pwo shake, then as soon as you get home Eat some good quality WHOLE food !!!

i agree, though i would add 60-80g of oatmeal to that shaker to give you some slow carbs along with the protein

as stated by TMOS, when you get home, EAT

ALR just made a ridiculously good bcaa mix called Chained Out. Killer ratios and tastes best than any crystal light I ever bought. It tastes so good i like drinking it. I take it before and after i train

Quote Originally Posted by phate View Post
    i agree, though i would add 60-80g of oatmeal to that shaker to give you some slow carbs along with the protein

as stated by TMOS, when you get home, EAT
    True...Has anyone tried adding some Waxy Maize carbs to a protein shake for recovery? I've been doing it for at least 2 months, i've notice faster recovery.

True...Has anyone tried adding some Waxy Maize carbs to a protein shake for recovery? I've been doing it for at least 2 months, i've notice faster recovery.
    i've used WMS for PWO, though not very often, haven't noticed much difference but i like doing it sometimes because it's easier to down a shake then get a whole food meal an hour later when i workout late at night and have to go do cardio the next morning before school