Thread: OK Guys! Please help me get motivated!

Hybrid View

OK Guys! Please help me get motivated!

Please be nice, but make sure you guys give it to me like it is! I have just hired a personal trainer that I started with today and I have a 3 month goal of working with her 5 days a week! I have never touched a weight before in my life so wish me luck! Im not used to taking pictures without makeup on so you KNOW I am serious now! haha :7up:

I am not going to be using any chemicals to help me at this point in my training but I am going to be using supplements and a good diet. Here are my before photos... and some MUCH better ones to come! (I hope :wg

wB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Workout Barbie

Here are my calves. It would not let me upload :-)

I will post pictures every week so that I can get feed back on my progress. Thanks guys and gals!

wB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Workout Barbie

Hi, What are your goals??? Are you training for getting more toned up? BB? lose weight?
    Whats your aims?

From the first pics you have a good foundation and you should be able to tone up quickly.

Hey I know you!!!

Since you are new to this, and your trainer knows this as well, you need to ask some basic questions to her and find out quickly if she is the right trainer for you. Even if you're already friends, this does not mean it's a good match.

Unfortunately, a lot of trainers do not take into account the fact that everyone is different, basic principles apply to all, but if you're paying for a trainer, and if you want to make sure you're getting the most bang for you buck, you need to make sure your trainer is building a program around you.

Questions to ask:

1. What exactly is my diet going to look like?
    -A good trainer will tailor a diet for you and should be able to present this fairly quickly...diet is everything when it comes to this

2. What about this food or that food?
    -When you ask about a certain food, your trainer should be able to give you the reasons why it's allowed or not. Just saying "because" is a sign of a bad trainer

3. What about the days I'm not working with you?
    -A good trainer will be able to provide detail instruction as to what you should do on the days when you are not with them. If they can't or won't, you have a bad trainer.

Signs to look for:

*Does your trainer have you doing ridiculous things in between sets, i.e. running in place, jumping up and down, etc? There are many trainers that do this simply to tire a client out and to give them "busy work" during their session. Keep in mind there are legitimate things to do in between sets, not every time, but some times and you should be able to figure out what is ridiculous.

*Does your trainer have you doing extremely weird exercises? If so, you have a bad trainer. Basics are always best, there is no magical exercise. Keep in mind though that there are some good exercises out there that might seem a little strange to some, but there is a limit to this.

*Does your trainer answer all your questions? If not, you have a bad trainer.

*If you're trainer answers a question honestly and says "I don't know, let me find out" then you have a good trainer. A good trainer will admit when they are unsure. A good trainer should not be unsure too often but it will happen.

*Does your trainer communicate with you outside of the gym, i.e. answering emails or phone calls? If not, you have a bad trainer. No one is too busy to not answer calls or emails, besides, this is part of their job.

***After you've been with your trainer for a while, are you making results? If not, and if you are in fact following all the trainers advice, you have a bad trainer. If you're not being 100% with everything your trainer tells you and results are not coming, no matter how good the trainer is, the fault lies with you

I'm a trainer myself...been helping people for a little more then ten years now. I have worked with several national level figure and bodybuilder competitors and can say from experience that if your trainer falls short in any of the above mentioned things, then you have a bad trainer. If not, then your trainer is great.

Good advice from AJ.

You are lucky in that you are relatively lean already, and you look pretty darn good for having never touched a weight before!! So you should be able to tone up, build some muscle, and tighten up pretty quickly.

Are you interested in competing? The NPC is starting a bikini division next year, which may be a good place for you to start. Apparently the bikini division is going to be promoting a "softer," toned but less muscular look than figure.

Good luck with the trainer... definitely do your homework and make sure you are working with someone you trust and believe in. Ask a MILLION questions, learn as much as you can, and stick with it!

Keep us posted on your progress!!

Your going GREAT!! Keep it up!

:-)