Thread: Hardcore Training OR Overtraining??

Question Hardcore Training OR Overtraining??

I've been working out for decades now and have a question. This has only happened to me a couple of times.

Sometimes I'll REALLY blast a bodypart hard during a workout but I won't experience ANY muscle soreness...at all. Is this because I've overtrained that muscle or is this the perfect result I'm looking for. I've almost always been sore for a couple of days after a hard workout and this is how I've learned to gauge my intensity level from that workout/bodypart.

Can anyone give me some feedback on this?? I'm unsure as to how to handle this situation when it comes up and I was really curious about this.

Thanks,

Vinny

Quote Originally Posted by NEODozer View Post
    I've been working out for decades now and have a question. This has only happened to me a couple of times.

Sometimes I'll REALLY blast a bodypart hard during a workout but I won't experience ANY muscle soreness...at all. Is this because I've overtrained that muscle or is this the perfect result I'm looking for. I've almost always been sore for a couple of days after a hard workout and this is how I've learned to gauge my intensity level from that workout/bodypart.

Can anyone give me some feedback on this?? I'm unsure as to how to handle this situation when it comes up and I was really curious about this.

Thanks,

Vinny

How often do you change your routine? I almost always feel sore the next day...... thats how i know I went hard enough. When I stop feeling sore - i change something up - the excercise, the angle, the reps..... usually does the trick for me. Gotta keep the body guessing man

~Haz~

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    How often do you change your routine? I almost always feel sore the next day...... thats how i know I went hard enough. When I stop feeling sore - i change something up - the excercise, the angle, the reps..... usually does the trick for me. Gotta keep the body guessing man

~Haz~
    Yeah i agree with this, about the same way i approach training, looking for that tenderness in the muscle trained the day before

Changing the routine

Thanks Haz And Lifter;

I have changed my routine frequently. Sometimes every week is a different routine. I typically alternate between barbells one week and dumbbells the next and bounce back and forth. I think I'm going to go on a 4 week cycle between bb's and db's in September/October as I've reached a bit of a plateau in the weightroom.

This situation doesn't happen to me very often but it has happened a few times and I was wondering why. I'm not sure as to which it is. I'm not sore so I don't think it's overtraining. But with the amount of weight and reps I used, it can't be from not training enough.

Let me know if you have any other ideas please.

V