Thread: gaining while cutting

gaining while cutting

is it possible to gain strength while trying to cut? say im 205lbs with 13% and im trying to cut down to 8-10% is it possible to still increase my strength or keep it the same while doing so? what about gaining muscle?
    Last edited by CC10; 03-20-2009 at 11:48 AM.

Possible? Yes

Reality? No

Your best bet if you're wanting to lean out a little is to do your best to try and maintain the strength and muscle mass you already have.

If i try to lean out - i try and keep my protein intake up high and keep my workout intensity high. It's more mentally tough for me......

If you want to lean out - try your best to maintain strength but if you lose a bit...... it's okay.

~Haz~

That's some great advice Hazard.
    Eat, sleep, work out hard, have fun, don't be TOO serious! Rely on your [url=http://www.musclesupplementsonline.com]muscle supplements[/url]!

it happens to me accidently with the addition of certain secret weapons

Quote Originally Posted by CC10 View Post
    is it possible to gain strength while trying to cut? say im 205lbs with 13% and im trying to cut down to 8-10% is it possible to still increase my strength or keep it the same while doing so? what about gaining muscle?
    yes, but it's not easy, you have to manipulate your diet so that you are giving your body what it needs at all times, while still keeping in a calorie deficit, that being that, you will obviously have better results in a caloric surplus