Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Year Plan

The New Year Plan

Here's the plan.

Starting this January I am going to start a cycle of DC training for the first time. First off, I need something different, second, it's always had an appeal to me.

I will stay on the DC training for 8-12wks, haven't decided the exact time frame yet, may play it by ear. After that I'll switch back to my normal method of training...will probably take a one wk break in between that.

I will also be following the official probodybuilding.com diet outlines.

Should be fun, I'll keep all of you updated.

I've always found DC training to be interesting but never tried it myself. Looking forward to seeing your layout and hearing how things go for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ripitupbaby View Post
    I've always found DC training to be interesting but never tried it myself. Looking forward to seeing your layout and hearing how things go for you.
    I'm looking forward to it myself. Need the change bad.

I've tried some of the various things from it the past few wks and just from that it's a killer. 30 second negatives are unbelievably hard that's for sure.

Definitely looking forward to hearing about DC. Maybe I'll come down to Middle TN to train one weekend, help with those 30 sec negatives......30 seconds? That's crazy. What lifts you been experimenting with? Keep hitting it hard bro!

Quote Originally Posted by dungeonlifter View Post
    Definitely looking forward to hearing about DC. Maybe I'll come down to Middle TN to train one weekend, help with those 30 sec negatives......30 seconds? That's crazy. What lifts you been experimenting with? Keep hitting it hard bro!
    I've messed around with some incline press, and wide grip pull-ups.

The standing calf raise thing for DC training is pretty cool too. Press up, lower down slowly and hold all the way at the bottom for 15 seconds...may not sound very hard but it will make your calves scream like nothing else.

Sounds good on calves, have to try it monday. 30 sec negs on wide grips would suck, may try it on widegrip pulldowns first.

First DC day done. Did upper body this morning, chest, shoulders, tri's, back width and back thickness.

Pretty tough workout, the 30 second negatives are insane! I couldn't make thirty second on the bench or military, 20 seconds I gave out on both. As tough as the negative is, the stretch at the end of each exercise is just as tough...very important part of the whole process.

Hardest part about today was no doubt the dead lifts. For the deads you don't do any type of negative but a widow maker set. You do one set that will have you reaching failure at 6-8 reps, you then rest for 5 minutes and do another set this time dropping the weight down around 30% and completing 20-30 reps straight. I went lighter then I should have on these but even so 30 reps of deads is brutal on any weight.

Anyway, tomorrow is quads, hams, calves, bi's and forearms...can't wait!

30 second negatives sound painful!!

Quote Originally Posted by ripitupbaby View Post
    30 second negatives sound painful!!
    Yes very tough! Truth be told, on the flat bench and Military press I didn't make it the full 30 seconds...at around the 22 second mark on each my arms gave out, literally just gave out altogether.

My chest is not real sore today, but I can tell I used it yesterday. My tri's are stiff, but my back is more sore then I think its ever been as well as part of my shoulders which never get sore.

Headed to do legs and biceps this afternoon.

Wk 1 of DC training now complete. Begin wk 2 tomorrow.

I have never been as sore as I am right now...head to toe sore! Even my neck is sore! My hamstrings are in agony after this past wk...feels like they're about to explode...bending over to pick anything up is a pretty funny sight, lol!

So far so good. I haven't been this eager to get in the gym in years! Can't wait for each workout, and I am really enjoying the training so far.

Tomorrows schedule:

Incline Press r/p
    Hammer Strength Military Press r/p
    Tricep Dips r/p
    Wide Grip Pull-ups r/p
    T-bar rows r/p or w/m (haven't decided yet.)

*r/p: rest pause
    *w/m widow maker

For those that don't know, one of the biggest keys to DC training besides the 30 second negatives is the post set stretches. For instance, on all chest exercises after you perform the set you go immediately into a DB fly and hold the movement for 30 seconds.