Thread: squats

squats

does anyone know if doing squats will take a toll on your body as you get older? will doing heavy squats mean that your knees and back will have problems later in life?

I am no expert but I think its safe to assume that doing heavy squats would impact your future. Takes a toll on your joints. But then again I don't see any of the old timers limping around.
    My personal opinion is Yes (thats to doing heavy squats pushing your body each time for years)

my chiropractor claims it can force fluid out of the discs and lead to arthritis.....but i don't really believe him, and even if it does i'm sure they refill

OK OK If you take care of your knees warm up leg extensions are a must. A belt and knee wraps powerlifting wraps tight very tight some say it takes away from your strenth but I think that is BS wrap,strech,warm up

Ok Hey make your lower back strong I mean REAL strong think about it
    QT

Screw chiropractors DEEP PAINFUL tissue massage is the way to go for all kinds of pain 100%. If training hard and heavy should be done 2X a week
    QT

thanks for the advice. im not to fond of the word "deep and painful" but i trust your knowledge 100% so i will try it

I understand but if your massage is nice and happy n sweet your not getting your moneys worth you should be sore the next day when that is gone then the GOOD relaxed open pain free feeling will make it all worth it
    "No Pain No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by Quincy Taylor - IFBB PRO View Post
    Screw chiropractors DEEP PAINFUL tissue massage is the way to go for all kinds of pain 100%. If training hard and heavy should be done 2X a week
    QT
    I'd love to be able to do this.....how much does that cost though per session?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhlfreak55 View Post
    I'd love to be able to do this.....how much does that cost though per session?
    Where I live, you can get it for 40 bucks an hour, and it is by far the best kind of pain in the freaking world.

And to the OP, when I was in school I pushed myself too hard and wasn't experienced enough to know how important form was when lifting. My lower back paid the price for several years, but I'm back in the swing of things now. Just always keep your form foremost and you'll be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhlfreak55 View Post
    my chiropractor claims it can force fluid out of the discs and lead to arthritis.....but i don't really believe him, and even if it does i'm sure they refill
    Dude your disks do NOT refill... If you blow a disk it's screwed. Squatting will make your back stronger as long as done with good form.