Thread: Dieting Help for A Beginner

Dieting Help for A Beginner

OK I thought I knew how to diet the correct way but I have come into contact with people that have made me question a few things. I need some help. I am about 265lbs and would like to get down to 225 or 215 if possible. I know I don't need to figure out my calories for someone at 215 because I will be to weak to do anything. So what weight do I do the diet for first? What would the break down of Protein/Carbs/Fat be? Please give me all the help you can.

Well get on a regular cardio program and lifting regiment. Than figure out how many calories it would take to maintain your body weight and than subtract 500-700 calories from that and that's your daily target calorie intake. From there you can break each meal down and fit your macros in to fit each meal and total calories.
    NASM certified PT, PES, CES

Listen to your body, if it's hungry...feed it, if it's tired...rest it....train hard.....in iron.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN View Post
    Well get on a regular cardio program and lifting regiment. Than figure out how many calories it would take to maintain your body weight and than subtract 500-700 calories from that and that's your daily target calorie intake. From there you can break each meal down and fit your macros in to fit each meal and total calories.
    Good advice. Remember 80% of the work is in the kitchen but you have to put in the other 20% in the gym. It is important to eat smaller meals(6 or so) and eat healthy fats and get your protein. Limit your carbs intake.