Thread: The basics of "the day before" & "the day of"

The basics of "the day before" & "the day of"

Hey guys, and ladies !

Can somebody please explain the basic protocols for the last minute preperations for a show?

Drying out, filling out, tanning, shaving, waxing, oiling, pro-tan.. ect ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbombz View Post
    Hey guys, and ladies !

Can somebody please explain the basic protocols for the last minute preperations for a show?

Drying out, filling out, tanning, shaving, waxing, oiling, pro-tan.. ect ect.

See the other water depletion thread for how I dry out.

As for tanning, I use a tanning bed all the way up to the last week of the show.

On Thursday I shave everything and then start with the dreaded smell of PROTAN. Thankfully my fiancee paints it on me.

We do a couple coats on Thursday. Then 1 Friday before we leave for the show! Friday night we'll do another coat, so by Sat morning all I do is touch up areas (especially the armpits and feet). I put a small light coat on my face on sat morning.

As for oiling, get another competitor to do it for you but go easy on it, as too much oil can ruin your look and you won't appear as lean. I like HOT STUFF, as it does heat up the skin and make you more vascular. Please use this only after experimenting...some people have allergic reactions to the stuff and its heating ingredients. Make sure you have a small towel to get the oil off your hands before posing, its very difficult to pose with slippery hands! Otherwise good luck