Thread: Supplement help

Supplement help

Hello,

I am new to the site. Hope I can learn alot from here. My question has to do with pre and post workout supplements. I'm 47 and I have been lifting weights for about a year now. My goal is to lose body fat, tone up and add some muscle size. I am not looking for a Mr. Olympia body. I lift 3 times per week and do cardio about 2 to 3 times a week, with plans on increasing this to 4 or 5 days/week.

Pre workout I use Labada NO extreme, Purple Wraath during my workouts and then use VoluGro post workout, along with 4 grams of BCAA's. I down a protein shake about an hour before I work out. I usually workout around 5:15pm after work. I use the VoluGro immediately after working out then supper is about 45 minutes to an hour after that.

Could anyone make any suggestions as to any changes to make or any suggestions to help reach my goal?

Tony

Hey Matrix,

I havn't been around here in a while and saw you had no replies so i'll give it my best shot

I would look into carb cycling. You can find information about it all over the internet...... It's just a way of dieting to make consistant progress.

Regarding suppliments...... I use a Nitric oxide suppliment preworkout and have a carb/protein shake post workout.

Set some goals for yourself...... don't go CRAZY on the cardio right off the bat. Look into the carb cycling, keep doing cardio 3-4 times a week. (preferably on an empty stomach..... I.E. When you wake up) If progress slows a little..... maybe ramp up the intensity of the cardio sessions.

Best of luck!
    ~Haz~

Can you go in more detail of what your diet looks like, time of meals and what not?
    NASM certified PT, PES, CES

Listen to your body, if it's hungry...feed it, if it's tired...rest it....train hard.....in iron.

Supplement help

Muscle Milk is good for someone your age. But you could try Wheybolic 60, or a Creatine product.
    Do you take a lot of nutritional supplements? How did you decide which supplements to take? If you have health concerns and you want to know if your nutritional supplement program is helpful, you might want to consult a nutritionist. Wondering who a nutritionist is? Read the answer to this question from a reader to find resources about nutrition experts.

[url=http://www.jewishdatingauthority.com]Jewish Dating Sites[/url]
    [url=http://divorcesupportandadvice.com/divorce-support]divorce support[/url]

Supplement help

A new study suggests that the nutritional supplement magnesium can help boost an individual’s brain power.

According to a study published in the journal Neuron, it was found that increasing magnesium in the brain can help enhance learning abilities, working memory and short- and long-term memory in mice. The test subjects also performed higher in a variety of learning tests.

Researchers are excited with this new prospect, noting that it could provide insight to age-related cognitive loss. The scientists noticed a difference in brainpower in both old and young mice, furthering their claim.

"Half the population of the industrialized countries has a magnesium deficit, which increases with aging," said researcher Guosong Liu. "If normal or even higher levels of magnesium can be maintained, we may be able to significantly slow age-related loss of cognitive function and perhaps prevent or treat diseases that affect cognitive function."

The discovery of magnesium’s brain power boost may lead to a market for alternative medications when it comes to memory loss. Liu has done previous research for preventative drugs for Alzheimer’s disease.ADNFCR-1960-ID-19582681-ADNFCR

[url=http://www.hostway.ro/ro/inregistrare-domenii]inregistrare domeniu[/url]
    [url=http://www.netsalestrainer.com/running-your-business/module-10-outsourcing/]outsourcing information[/url]