Thread: Drying Out/Water Depletion

Drying Out/Water Depletion

How does everyone remove the water those last fews days before a comp? I'm planning on stepping on stage this time next year and this one of the topics I'm not very familiar with...

I hope Sam Byrd registers here, he is a genius at getting the water out for competition. Like know Ive ever seen. If somebody knows where he is posting these days send him over. He goes by BigByrd. He's a comp BB/PL

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo4Fun View Post
    How does everyone remove the water those last fews days before a comp? I'm planning on stepping on stage this time next year and this one of the topics I'm not very familiar with...
    See my thread on TIPS for what I did with water. Totally against the norm and what I have done in the past. However, this show was the best I ever looked.

Hey bro! I usually cut out all fluids by 6pm on Friday (day before the show) On Friday at 12pm I take 1/2 a dyazide tablet. Another 1/2 at 4pm, and another before bed around 10pm. This usually does the trick and I usually monitor how I look thru the night as I'm getting up every couple hrs to pee. Sat morning I am usually dry as a bone, but if I feel like more water can come off, I'll take another 1/2 tab dyazide at about 6am. Everyone's body works differently but I've found this to be very effective

Quote Originally Posted by 4thAD View Post
    I hope Sam Byrd registers here, he is a genius at getting the water out for competition. Like know Ive ever seen. If somebody knows where he is posting these days send him over. He goes by BigByrd. He's a comp BB/PL
    Can't find Sam on the boards much these days. He's actually doing a PL meet in April and 6 weeks later hitting the stage for a bb'ing comp. I met up with him at the Arnold this year. He does post at another board but I'm not sure if we can display it here...never really read through the rules. LOL
    NASM certified PT, PES, CES

Listen to your body, if it's hungry...feed it, if it's tired...rest it....train hard.....in iron.

everyone is different, if you have done your homework and dieted down properly, some would say diuretics can do more harm than good....that being said, stick with dyazide or aldactone (potassium sparing)...you don't want to mess with lasix or something of that nature as they can pull intramuscular water and leave subq....worse case scenario, now you look fat from all the water, flat with no pump, when in actuality, you are actually lean....this is a case of doing more harm than good....