Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripitupbaby's contest prep 2008 - north americans and nationals

Quote Originally Posted by ripitupbaby View Post
    122.0 this morning.

You're right, I am totally leaning forward...as a matter of fact, as soon as that pic was snapped, I fell forward and had to grab on to the deck.

I did both of my lat spreads on my toes last year, but I am not sure yet about this year. Balance has been a problem for me when practicing, mostly I think because I am so tired. It also may be the sneakers.
    I'm a former gymnast, so I CAN balance!

But I am also concerned about my left leg and how much you can see that it is weaker than my right (hams, calves)...at least I can see it lol. So I am practicing both ways, and I will decide based on how they look in 3 weeks or so.
    Rip I'm not really seeing the leg asymmetry? If they are it is not really noticeable to me. Calves look about the same too.

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Hurt View Post
    Rip I'm not really seeing the leg asymmetry? If they are it is not really noticeable to me. Calves look about the same too.

LOL good, then maybe they are catching up!

You can see the hammies in my back lat spread on p. 1 (from stage)... and I injured my left achilles pretty badly several years ago, so my left calf fell behind, and it's taken a long time to catch up!

A couple of shots from last weekend...four weeks out.

I am hurtin!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ive been working hard trying to develop my back and wish I had your seperation. Your looking hard and seperated, great contest prep. Cant wait to see how you place.
    "Power Corrupts; Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely"

The only thing that looks a little lagging to the rest of your body is your hams atleast in those pics. They dont look as hard and defined as lets say your calves, which look great.

Quote Originally Posted by burnin69 View Post
    Ive been working hard trying to develop my back and wish I had your seperation. Your looking hard and seperated, great contest prep. Cant wait to see how you place.
    The only thing that looks a little lagging to the rest of your body is your hams atleast in those pics. They dont look as hard and defined as lets say your calves, which look great.

Thanks so much! I'm hoping part of it is the lighting, as I have seen better separation in my glutes and hams before those pics were taken. I'm gonna try to take this weekend's progress pics indoors. The hams and ass are always the LAST thing to tighten up for me...thankfully I still have three weeks, which should do the trick!!

i agree your back detail is amazing!

The lighting isn't the best, but you still look dead on schedule.

If you dont mind me asking what contests have you been in and how did you place. Also how long have you been training your body to get where your at now. Was there a paticular moment when you said " I wanna do this " or did you just slowly get into it? Sorry for all the questions, my wife is trying hard to get back to pre-baby weight and better. Mabye sometime in the future you could help my wife out with some dieting, supplementing, and training tips.

If you dont mind me asking what contests have you been in and how did you place. Also how long have you been training your body to get where your at now. Was there a paticular moment when you said " I wanna do this " or did you just slowly get into it? Sorry for all the questions, my wife is trying hard to get back to pre-baby weight and better. Mabye sometime in the future you could help my wife out with some dieting, supplementing, and training tips.

No worries, that's what I am here for.

Long story short... LOL

I've been training forever... competitive gymnastics as a child, and I joined Golds when I was 15. I'm 34 now... never really stopped training...I did different stuff over the years (running, cardio classes, machines, etc), but I started seriously weight training when I was in my 20s.

My husband and I were always around "gym people" - bodybuilders, powerlifters, etc. so after a few years of watching competitions and supporting some friends, I was like "I can do this, it looks like fun." So in 2005, I did a figure competition and loved it. I won the Figure Overall at the 2006 New Englands, placed second as a bodybuilder at the 2006 Granite Cup (NH), and then went to 2006 Team Universe for figure. I then decided I like bodybuilding MUCH better than figure.

Won the lightweights at the 2007 Junior Nationals. And now it's time to see how things go at the North Americans.

I'd be happy to help your wife out... I have already put together all kinds of diet/training info elsewhere on the net that I am sure would be helpful in getting you guys started.

I took some progress pics yesterday in better lighting...I need to resize them, but I will post them later.

OK here's some indirect lighting, which helps! Three weeks, two days out.
    Attached Images Attached Images