Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripitupbaby's contest prep 2008 - north americans and nationals

I expect new pics on Monday rip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo4Fun View Post
    I expect new pics on Monday rip!!!
    Will do!

I actually switched to a no carb diet this week for the first time EVER in my life, so I am curious to take pics and see what the change is in my physique.

I weighed 126 last Saturday, carb loaded with rice last Sat and Sun, and then cut carbs completely and replaced them with fats starting Monday. This morning, I weighed 122.4.

I think most of it is water weight, but I had plenty of that on my ass LOL, so even though I am flat, I am looking very hard right now!

Five weeks out pics this Sunday, hopefully....even though today is technically five weeks out.

awesome! CAn't wait to see em!

LOL Well it's Monday and there are no new pics. I was WAY too tired to deal with taking pics yesterday.

I am having a rough time adjusting to no carbs...the food is better, and I like having the fats, but this is the first time ever with no carbs for me in my life, and I feel weird and kind of out of it most of the time. VERY tired, like my arms and legs are heavy...and just having a hard time moving around lol. Everything is a chore!

I was also really hungry Sat night and polished off an extra piece of steak and 1/3 jar of natural PB, so I was retaining water yesterday and didn't feel very good. I am flat as a pancake as well and having a hard time getting a pump in the gym.

My weight was right around 123 this morning, so that's not terrible for 4.5 weeks left, as I would like to get down to right about 115 or just under. I think that after this week, I will go back to SOME carbs and go into this show the way I am familiar with, as I still have some leaning out to do and don't want to risk it with the no carb/high fat thing, which my body is not used to (and not really liking). SO after this week I will change it up yet again for the final 4 weeks, I think. We'll see... I am consulting with carla, and doing whatever she says.

Out of town this week for work, which sucks, but I will be back at the end of the week, and I will definitely do progress pics this weekend. Let's hope for a couple pounds to come off this week!!

Stay strong and focused Rip!

Good luck!
    Last edited by Overload; 07-28-2008 at 01:26 PM.

ONE MONTH OUT today, and these pics are from last night, on my way to the gym. 4.5 weeks out, basically.

These were taken after eight days on the keto diet...zero carbs. I can't hang with it... I feel braindead and horrible, and I just don't have the time right now to feel that way. Now isn't a good time for me to be fucking with my diet, so I am going back to the old way that has always gotten me lean. I have 4.5 weeks left to dial it in, and I am relatively pleased with where I am at. It's only going to get better from here!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Backside

Weight is right about 123. You think I can make the LWs in a month? *under 115*

And the side

Quote Originally Posted by ripitupbaby View Post
    Backside

Weight is right about 123. You think I can make the LWs in a month? *under 115*
    Sure you can make the weight. BTW you look great!!

Hey Im not a posing expert but it looks like you you may be leaning a bit forward in your rear lat spread. I like how you do the pose on your toes (haha rhymes) but it may not show your back to its fullest. One things for sure its showing your glorious glutes off quite well

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Hurt View Post
    Sure you can make the weight. BTW you look great!!

Hey Im not a posing expert but it looks like you you may be leaning a bit forward in your rear lat spread. I like how you do the pose on your toes (haha rhymes) but it may not show your back to its fullest. One things for sure its showing your glorious glutes off quite well

122.0 this morning.

You're right, I am totally leaning forward...as a matter of fact, as soon as that pic was snapped, I fell forward and had to grab on to the deck.

I did both of my lat spreads on my toes last year, but I am not sure yet about this year. Balance has been a problem for me when practicing, mostly I think because I am so tired. It also may be the sneakers.
    I'm a former gymnast, so I CAN balance!

But I am also concerned about my left leg and how much you can see that it is weaker than my right (hams, calves)...at least I can see it lol. So I am practicing both ways, and I will decide based on how they look in 3 weeks or so.
    Last edited by ripitupbaby; 08-01-2008 at 06:03 AM.