Thread: extremes houlder pains

extremes houlder pains

Sorry, i meant shoulder pains and cant edit the title.

I recently went to the doc to have my shoulders checked. I thought I had rotator cuff probs or cracked a bone. I got an MRI and the doc said I have a bone spurs and massive tendonitis. My friend recently started the same doses of gh I take and called complaining about 100lb dumbells hurting on the flat bench. He complained of the same excruciating pain I'm experiencing. For the last month I've been working out with super heavy weights on the bp, all over 380, and the prob seems to get worse. I tried to drop down to 340 and do sets of 20 but thats still too heavy. I have to go down to 225 just to be able to work out. Flyes are outa the question, and incline bp is murder. Anyone ever dealt with this before? I would get off the gh but it has made the arthritis in my back disappear. I havent been able to do leg workouts in years and now Im pounding out 1400lb sets on leg presses. My back feels like new so I really want to find some way around the shouder pains without dumping the GH. Any solutions? btw: I'm 30 years old, not 95.

Quote Originally Posted by tap View Post
    Sorry, i meant shoulder pains and cant edit the title.

I recently went to the doc to have my shoulders checked. I thought I had rotator cuff probs or cracked a bone. I got an MRI and the doc said I have a bone spurs and massive tendonitis. My friend recently started the same doses of gh I take and called complaining about 100lb dumbells hurting on the flat bench. He complained of the same excruciating pain I'm experiencing. For the last month I've been working out with super heavy weights on the bp, all over 380, and the prob seems to get worse. I tried to drop down to 340 and do sets of 20 but thats still too heavy. I have to go down to 225 just to be able to work out. Flyes are outa the question, and incline bp is murder. Anyone ever dealt with this before? I would get off the gh but it has made the arthritis in my back disappear. I havent been able to do leg workouts in years and now Im pounding out 1400lb sets on leg presses. My back feels like new so I really want to find some way around the shouder pains without dumping the GH. Any solutions? btw: I'm 30 years old, not 95.
    I've got bone spurs all over both of my shoulders, so I know what you're dealing with.

For starters give the flat bench press a rest. It's like the old story, if you go to the Dr. and say "it hurts when I touch here" the Dr. will say "then stop touching it." You don't have to do flat bench press every time you train chest.

My advice, lay off the flat, focus on pressing movements that don't irritate it as much. Now you may need to lay off chest altogether for a few wks. Don't worry, it's not the end of the world and it won't ruin your chest. It will allow time for the pain to subside some.

Also, start messing around with some of the hammer strength pressing equipment, they seem to elevate a lot of the pressure in my shoulders that I get with free weights...don't worry about having an all hammer strength chest day now and then if needed.

In 90% of bone spurs, shoulder related, they are from the acromion into the subacromial space. The pain you are experiencing is most likely due to impingement usually of supraspinatus between the humeral head and the acromion/spur. Whats the answer? You must start training the rotator cuff (RC) particularly the posterior/inferior muscles infraspinatus and terres minor. These muscles help to prevent the impingement by pulling the humeral head posteriorly and inferiorly. Lats also help a little in depressing the humeral head. Other muscles that help with this condition are lower/middle traps and rhomboids. Hope this info helps. Don't work through the pain the impingement will cause inflammation increasing pain and further damage to the RC.