Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Ruhl's Shred Thread

didn't say i'm not taking them....but i also see my body every day in all light and know what it looks like....none of you do or ever will....so bad pics give you the wrong idea.

i'm confused about something....as one's calorie deficits get more and more intense leading up to a contest does a cheat meal not become MORE important so that your metabolism can reset of a week???? I don't do this like i did last year where i add up how many cals i burned and such and shoot for a deficit now....but if i think about it the deficit even right now is pretty insane and i'm about to add session 2 of cardio tomorrow, making it even more. My plan is and always has been given my progression to keep cheats till 4 weeks out....just wondering what anyone else has to say about the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhlfreak55 View Post
    i'm confused about something....as one's calorie deficits get more and more intense leading up to a contest does a cheat meal not become MORE important so that your metabolism can reset of a week???? I don't do this like i did last year where i add up how many cals i burned and such and shoot for a deficit now....but if i think about it the deficit even right now is pretty insane and i'm about to add session 2 of cardio tomorrow, making it even more. My plan is and always has been given my progression to keep cheats till 4 weeks out....just wondering what anyone else has to say about the issue?
    There is no such thing as a cheat meal resetting or boosting your metabolism.

Cheat meals are for psychological satisfaction and not for helping you progress, they are usually uncalculated and will set you back, its a thing people use to make themselves feel better about their cheating.

What you need to get a grasp on is the concept of "refeed". It is planned and calculated every so often that has an influx of calories and with carb sources you have chosen for your prep, not french fries, ice cream etc. Its sweet potatos, brown rice, etc.

Since you are in a competitive sport just remember every time you cheat you decrease your probability of placing higher than those that do not.

your first statement shows your ignorance.....don't be retarded.

go see what Dorian Yates and company say about cheat meals before you say retarded things

your first statement shows your ignorance.....don't be retarded.
    Please explain the process of your metabolism restarting then. How does this exactly happen. Your body thinks "I have shit food in me now" so I can do what exactly? Your metabolism barely raises when you cheat, your energy will increase over the 24 hrs that you overfeed and once done 24 hours later its back to normal so you get no week long benefit from your cheat meal(s).
    go see what Dorian Yates and company say about cheat meals before you say retarded things
    Cool, I will. Do you believe everything you hear and read in the magazines.

You obviously have ALOT to learn about training, dieting, and the human body. I'm not even going to waste my time with you explaining the concept, no one can tell you anything as you will argue with it till the very end. Why do you never accept help and that you may be doing things wrong or they could be done better, more effectively.

Everyone from the start has been giving you pointers to make you better from reducing your training, your form during exercises, getting pics to help along, dieting but you have NEVER listened to what any one has to say or are willing to do anything other than what you believe. I wonder how many successful hard headed bodybuilders there are, just go look in any gym, you'll see plenty...... What have you been doing this whole time for the past three years at AR???

I am merely trying to help you but as usual your arrogance and lack of knowledge blinds you and you resort to name calling.

Good luck

Big Ruhly!

I never see you around anymore. Looks like things are going well.

I gotta agree with Reed on this one. There is no point in putting crap food into your body, especially in contest prep. A controlled re-feed is really the way to go.

anyway, keep kicking ass big guy.

If its planned and deemed to be beneficial then it's not a "cheat meal". I think you and Reed are disagreeing over symantics. If you are carb cycling or constantly below maintenance then having a higher calorie day now and then consisting of clean foods can fill you back up and help with energy levels. Personally I would not call this a "cheat day" by any means. Now, if you diet calls for you to eat one thing and you eat another and it's in abundence, you have now cheated and that is never good.

Ruhl Your an NPC competitor?

Ruhl come on back and give us some updates.

Sorry didn't mean to lecture you and sound like your father. I am also contest dieting I get jealous of peeps eating all that good junk food

Come on back, cuss me out, tell me I'm a noob, etc and all that good stuff just give us some updates.....

otherwise good luck this year.