Thread: Steaks

Steaks

For us that shop at Cosco or Sams and are looking for tender cut of beef which would one do you guys recommend? Something fairly lean but then tender like filet mignon or close to eat. Easy to eat and easy to prepare. ohh and inexpensive. lol is this even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor 2 View Post
    For us that shop at Cosco or Sams and are looking for tender cut of beef which would one do you guys recommend? Something fairly lean but then tender like filet mignon or close to eat. Easy to eat and easy to prepare. ohh and inexpensive. lol is this even possible?

Buffalo Steak 3.5 oz 28 grams
    Venison Steak 3.5 oz 31 grams
    New York Strip Steak 3.5 oz 29 grams
    London Broil Steak 3.5 oz 28 grams
    Beef Flank 3.5 oz 27 grams
    Top Round Steak 3.5 oz 31 grams

These are some of the leaner choices, but honestly, unless your steak is marbled all through, you can trim a LOT of the fat off most cuts. Top Round is what I buy most of the time (unless I want to treat myself) because it's fairly inexpensive, and when you eat this stuff in large quantities it can get a little spendy LOL

You can make most any steak taste delicious, but some of the cheaper cuts need a little marinating

My favorite marinade is

Tbsp Teryaki
    Tbsp Soy
    3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
    2 tsp Lemon juice
    2 tps lime juice
    1 tbsp white sugar
    1 Tbsp fresh chopped garlic

Add pepper and onion powder to taste

IMO the best steaks for bodybuilding purposes are filet or top round. Both are good sources of protien, lean with good fats. Top round is dirt cheap, it's not the best steak in terms of taste, but you can spice it up a little.