Thread: wraps or sleeves

wraps or sleeves

my knees have been bothering me lately and i wanted to see what was better, knee wraps or sleeves? anyone have a prefrence? any specific kinds you perfer? thanks.

I use the high end knee sleeves that APT has on their website......and of course on heavy squats wraps on top of that.

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish.
    I don't think that sleeves do much to assist on the lift and let you really increase your numbers, but they are great in terms of reducing pain associated with inflammation or helping to control/minimize an injury.

Tight, hard knee wraps are what you want if you are trying to increase your squat numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by CC10 View Post
    my knees have been bothering me lately and i wanted to see what was better, knee wraps or sleeves? anyone have a prefrence? any specific kinds you perfer? thanks.
    I agree with ripitupbaby on this, and i would also recommend supplementation to aid in joint repair like glucosamin, chondrotin, etc....

OK knee wraps work in stopping pain it does increase rep amount. No pain more reps.You can wrap your knees all you want if your legas are week NO wrap can help that.The amount of weight does increase is it the wrap or is it the support or NO PAIN you make up your own mind. But I do know this if your in pain you will not be lifting even the lightest weight.
    Be sure to put on some long workout pants
    QT