Thread: Girls want to be Harder Not Softer is it True

Girls want to be Harder Not Softer is it True

I hear a lot of girls in fitness like a harder look. I've heard some have stop lifting in order to not look as hard and hate it. I heard that many figure competitors hope the bikini class will take over the soft side.
    Voice your opinion here

Personally...when it comes down to it, it all comes down to what the women like and not what the men want. I think the men in charge want a certain look in the NPC/IFBB and it's clashing with what many (not all, but many) competitors and fans want.

Some look better hard, some look better soft. However, I have no say whatsoever in how any female is supposed to look in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by ddubbs View Post
    I hear a lot of girls in fitness like a harder look. I've heard some have stop lifting in order to not look as hard and hate it. I heard that many figure competitors hope the bikini class will take over the soft side.
    Voice your opinion here
    It's hard to be a big fan of the bikini class until they give us specifics of what they are looking for. As it is now it's completely random...just a little softer than figure, but not too much...this could mean almost anything.

Quote Originally Posted by FitGems View Post
    Personally...when it comes down to it, it all comes down to what the women like and not what the men want. I think the men in charge want a certain look in the NPC/IFBB and it's clashing with what many (not all, but many) competitors and fans want.

Some look better hard, some look better soft. However, I have no say whatsoever in how any female is supposed to look in the industry.
    I'm not sure if the NPC knows what it wants in terms or hardness with figure competitors. It varies so much from show to show and there needs to be a more standard in place guideline that each state follows. I've had figure competitors I work with do back to back shows in two different states and judges tell them at one show they are too soft and and the next too hard.

i like the hard look....i don't even think bikini should exist....it's like a bad joke

I agree, the Bikini Division is a complete joke. A competition for women who dont weight train and basically dont diet either. I agree Figure was starting to reward a too hard and too muscular look but the pendelum has swung too far the other way now. I was at the USA's last year and the girls placing well are a lil too soft for my taste.

Hard look! Not masculine but hard!! If you are going to work your ass off to compete, then it better show on stage! You are not just supposed to look like fit, you are supposed to look CRAZY FIT!

i hate that they dont like to see definition in the legs or abs or i dont know what, i feel the point of dieting and working your ass off to be on stage is to look killer, not like somone who is fit and off season,

im thinking (and prob will) of doing bodybuilding for my next show

but im natural, and am gonna stay that way so most likely not gonna get too far

and i wanna wear heels on stage damn it! lolllllllll