Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Competitive Season

Maria is offline 2009 CBBF Canadian Natural Physique Overall Bodybuilding Champion

2009 Competitive Season

Well, I'm now 4 weeks out from my competition which is the CBBF Canadian Natural Physique Championships. It use to be called CBBF World Qualifier. I'm looking forward to this competitive season. This competition is equivalent to the NPC Team Universe except in Canada we don't win pro cards if we win. I'd have to do the Canadian Champiohsips for that. I've also decided this year to stick with CBBF/IFBB competitions and see where it will take me. Yes, I have tried all these other federations and have won all those pro cards but I always seem to come back to the CBBF which is equivalent to NPC except it's the Canadian version, also under the IFBB rules. My hope is to make Team Canada to the IFBB Women's World Champioships for the 3rd time.

Training has been going real well. I injured my shoulder a few months back but these last few weeks I have had no problems with training. As usual I'm getting ready for a marathon with the amount of cardio I have to do to get to where I want to be. I am learning to like cardio over the last couple of years now. LOL

This year I am taking it to where I have never taken it before. I usually compete as a middle weight or a heavy weight if there is no middle weight class, but his year I am trageting to get down to light weight!!

The diet is going well and if I continue to drop weight at the rate I am I will make my target weight! I don't count on water depleting to get me there either. LOL

I was thinking about going to the Arnold Classic but being this close I have decided I will skip this year because I need to train!
    Last edited by Maria; 02-21-2009 at 07:38 PM.

Hey maria, that's awesome! Best of luck to you!!

You are coming down the home stretch now!! The last four weeks is when you really see the major changes, so if you are feeling like you are on track right now, then things should be great for the show!

I hope you make it to the Worlds again! Please keep us posted on the rest of your prep and how things go.

Maria is offline 2009 CBBF Canadian Natural Physique Overall Bodybuilding Champion
    Well, just a little over 3 weeks to go. My upper body looks ready. I just want my legs to come in even more. They usually are the last to come in so I have to be patient.

I am 4 lbs away from making weight so with just over 3 weeks to go I should be very close. It will be a close call and I won't be counting on dropping water to make weight either. I want to be able to do it before I drop the water. If I can lose 3 more lbs and be 1 lbs over before I start my delete I should be there!

I think these last few weeks are going to be tough. Usually when it comes down to the last coupel of weeks fo rme I just can't wait to get going with it and time seems to slow down. LOL

Best of luck at your show! It sounds like you will do really well!

Thanks BigIronMike25!

Well, I'm at the 2 week mark. It will be very close if I make the LW class. I'm still trying for it! I had a rough past week and hope that is behind me now. Unexpected things came up and stressed me out making me hold water which I never expected!!!

These last 2 weeks are going to be smooth sailing and I plan to make it that way!!! LOL
    Last edited by Maria; 03-08-2009 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    Thanks BigIronMike25!

Well, I'm at the 2 week mark. It will be very close if I make the LW class. I'm still trying for it! I had a rough past week and hope that is behind me now. Unexpected things came up and stressed me out making me hold water which I never expected!!!

These last 2 weeks are going to be smooth sailing and I plan to make it that way!!! LOL

Keep up the good work Maria, and stay focused! You can do it!

Thanls Lori!

I'm pretty much at the one week mark now. I'm looking goood to making the lightweight class. I have 5 lbs to go and I haven't started my last week of prep yet so I'm in a good position. I know with the trial run I had I went down 7 lbs so if all goes well, which is should, I will a lightweight with a couple lbs to spare!

This week has been better in terms of stress. I'm working on keeping that to a minimum. I can't wait to start the last week of prep because that is when I really see changes!! The other weeks are trying to get lean enough for the changes to occur!!!

Very exciting Maria!! Now is time to focus on the competition and have some fun... you have earned it!

I hope that everything goes well for you!

I've started my deplete phase and now am sitting at 2 lbs from my goal weight!! It's coming together nicely!!!

I'm leaving first thing Thursday morning. I'm 1.4 lbs from making my weight class!!! With water depleting I should be there!

I just have a few things to pack and I'm pretty much ready to go!!!