Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motivation

Motivation

If you are watching a video clip, what would motivate you? What would be in the video that would give you motivation, what would you want to see?

For instance, are there certain exercises, music, atmosphere, the overall feel that needs to be shown to motivate you?

The caliber of the guy in the video, what is more motivating, a guy better then you, your equal or does it matter?

Hope this question is making sense.

Personally what motivates me is before and afters of people that have made really great gains. People that have really changed and bettered their physiques. Also what is motivating to me is the NPC bodybuilders that have really worked hard to get where they are at.

I like to see someone better than me,,, i like to see them pounding weights, i mean really working hard, and all this with good heart pumping music,,, I guess i am saying i like hardcore working out vid's, i want to see that i am working just as hard....and am going to catch up...lol

Anyhow, thats my opinion

I agree with the two responses above. Certainly, seeing someone's transformation, i.e., before and afters, can be incredibly motivating.

Watching someone who is bigger/better is always a good motivator IF you can relate to that person and/or feel like accomplishments on his/her level are within your reach too.

Music, atmosphere, training styles, etc. are all important, but what I think is the MOST important is to have someone in the video who most people can relate to on some level - the person in the video needs to be able to "hook" people in, keep them interested, and make them want to go out and do whatever it is they are doing in the video...
    Someone who is engaging, well-spoken, sounds intelligent, interesting to listen to, and passionate and enthusiastic about what he/she is doing....
    Someone who is real, who seems approachable and friendly...
    Someone whose physique is real and shows the results that can be attained through hard work and dedication...
    Someone who, when you watch the video, you think "I can do that" or "I want to try that"....

So would you say if it's someone who is far beyond what you are that it doesn't motivate you as much? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Quote Originally Posted by ripitupbaby View Post
    I agree with the two responses above. Certainly, seeing someone's transformation, i.e., before and afters, can be incredibly motivating.

Watching someone who is bigger/better is always a good motivator IF you can relate to that person and/or feel like accomplishments on his/her level are within your reach too.

Music, atmosphere, training styles, etc. are all important, but what I think is the MOST important is to have someone in the video who most people can relate to on some level - the person in the video needs to be able to "hook" people in, keep them interested, and make them want to go out and do whatever it is they are doing in the video...
    Someone who is engaging, well-spoken, sounds intelligent, interesting to listen to, and passionate and enthusiastic about what he/she is doing....
    Someone who is real, who seems approachable and friendly...
    Someone whose physique is real and shows the results that can be attained through hard work and dedication...
    Someone who, when you watch the video, you think "I can do that" or "I want to try that"....

i get motivatied by people working out with a physic similar to one im aiming for, in the next few years, also as said above good music, yelling and big weights.

Hot sweaty women in white t-shirts training in the gym whilst I am training.mmmmm lol.

I know, I'm absolutely no help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold jr View Post
    So would you say if it's someone who is far beyond what you are that it doesn't motivate you as much? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

No... I guess I'm sayin' that what the person looks like relative to me is somewhat less important than his/her charisma and ability to relate and entertain through a video.

Good to see ya last week.

hey guys... we posted a new motivational... these are starting to look really good!

[url]http://www.probodybuilding.com/video/motivational-corner/motivational-corner-quincy-taylor.php[/url]